Digestive problems are the ones that most often create physical discomfort, and constipation is one of them. Constipation can be caused by a diet low in fiber, too few fluids, thyroid disorders, certain medications, pregnancy, sedentary, laxative abuse, stress and depression. Excess toxins in the body also can lead to constipation, dehydration, fatigue and headaches.
- An easy method of detoxification and treatment of constipation consists in 8 glasses of warm water consumption a day, possibly with lemon, it will cleanse the body of toxins and helps get rid of constipation.
- Eat more fruits (peel), vegetables and salads. They are rich in fiber, needed to stimulate digestion and restore intestinal flora. Also, whole grains and soy milk consumed at breakfast are also effective in treating constipation.
- Drink more natural juices. Juices with laxative effect are the greens: spinach, kale, plums, pears, grapes
- Consume dried figs, plumes and fresh figs and raisins, they are very effective when it comes to constipation. Plums contain a compound called Dihydroxyphenyl Isatin which stimulates intestinal muscles and increases colon contractions. It also contains sorbitol which has a laxative effect and accelerates intestinal transit.
- Drink yogurt with grinded flaxseed. Yogurts contain friendly bacteria to the stomach and intestines, very helpful and flaxseed have a laxative effect.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. This drink will help you get rid of constipation and also treats heartburn.
- Put at soaked at evening about 20 raisins in a cup of water. In the morning eat the raisins and drink the water. This trick helps in treating constipation.
- In the morning on an empty stomach drink a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Remember, most importantly is to drink 8 glasses of water a day.