Colon cancer is the most common form of cancer. Colorectal cancer type that includes both colon and the rectum is the third most common type of cancer. It is estimated that in 2016 will occur other 95,000 new cases of colon cancer, of which 39,000 cases of colorectal cancer.
Besides helps to form storage and dispose the feces, colon contains millions of bacteria that form the optimum balance for health.
Many of colon cancers can be prevented.
Research shows that only 5% to 10% of cancers are due to genetic flaws, all else being related to environment and lifestyle. The research estimated that up to 35% of deaths due to cancer are the result of an unhealthy diet, 30% the result of smoking and the remaining 20% of infections and the rest are due to radiation exposure, stress and pollution.
The American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) states that about one-third of cancers can be prevented by a healthy diet. Colorectal cancer prevention percentage can reach up to 50%.
Tips to prevent colon cancer:
1. Eliminate diet sodas and sugar consumption.
2. Walk as much as you can
3. Drink green tea.
4. Eat broccoli.
5. Eat nuts. They are an excellent source of selenium, an excellent mineral in reducing the risk of prostate cancer, colorectal and lung.
6. Eat artichokes: is rich in silymarin, an antioxidant that may reduce the risk of skin cancer.
7. Siting in the sun will increase the level of vitamin D.
8. Season the meat and marinate it in wine or beer.
9. Eat bananas, they help reduce colon cancer and protects the stomach.
10. Normalize the rate of omega-3 and omega-6 and reduce consumption of sunflower oil or soy.
11. Sleep in the dark; light during night suppresses melatonin production, which is a protector of the body against cancer.
12. Eat onions. It contains inhibitors quercetin, preventing the growth of cancer cells in the breast, colon, prostate, ovary or lung.
13. Avoid environmental toxins caused by the use of commercial cleaning products.
14. Avoid eating fries or chips.
15. Eat fermented foods.